Michelle at MR Books
Catch up on all our latest musings and thoughts at The Resonate Group.
As we say often, every decision is a brand decision. Brand-minded people often shudder when money is brought up (as you'll see in these videos), and likewise, financial-minded folk often don't understand what their brand team does. Today we've pulled together a conversation to unpack the interplay between the two worlds, and how to shape the story money is telling you so that it's working for your organization's mission. We learned a lot from Michelle and are excited to share this with you.
MR Books Advisory - part 1
Get ready to gain a new perspective on numbers! We'll cover a few foundation points here:
- You can't grow if you can't create systems, and you can't create systems if you don't have numbers telling you where those systems need to go. Scaling, growing, creating is all made more possible by understanding the story your numbers is telling you.
- Numbers are not bad—they are a tool that can be used for or against your intended purposes.
- Sooner than later is always best. If you're a start up, don't wait on tracking your numbers— start understanding the story your numbers are telling you as soon as possible.
MR Books Advisory - part 2
This video walks us through a few of the deeper pain points that lay behind the symptoms of financial strain:
- Lack of clarity. This manifests as overwhelm, anxiety, stress, confusion. For example, you might think your organization has a problem with book keeping, but your deeper challenge is likely a lack of clarity around where you want to be as a an organization, or knowing where you want to be and wondering why you can't get there.
- Inefficiencies. Broken systems, broken team interactions, and broken chains of delegation can cause a lot of problems that lead to symptoms of financial strain.
- Personality-Driven Leadership Style. Sometimes leaders can contribute to their financial challenges. Are you risk-averse, or prone to too big of risks? Are you prone to shiny-object syndrome, desiring to always try the next cool new platform instead of fixing the real systems problem? Are your decisions fear-based? Try to identify some ways that your personality may be affecting your leadership style and challenge yourself to discern if you should try to balance that out.
MR Books Advisory - part 3
Here we'll hit on a few more practical tips as you think about shaping the story you want your finances to tell:
- Don't be a victim to money. When you don't track your numbers at all, or when you let he numbers tell the only story, you are powerless to the numbers. But when you take ownership of your financials, and let that become a tool, you can intentionally drive the story you want told.
- Cash flow management is about making your money work for you. Give it a job, and let it guide you to where you want to be.
- It's okay to talk about money! It shouldn't be ignored, shameful or embarrassing.
MR Books Advisory - part 4
Lastly, we'll wrap by unpacking a few ways that your finances are an important part of your brand:
- Understanding how brand and numbers relate. You are hurting your brand when you minimize the importance of brand. Likewise, you are hurting your growth potential when you minimize the importance of hearing and shaping the story of your numbers.
- When your budgets are really tight, people often try to cut their investment expenses first. But really it's overhead expenses that need to be cut first. Investment expenses give you the return you need to get back on track.
- Small businesses and ministries may not be able to afford experts in everything, so they need to outsource things like payroll, HR, marketing, sales, etc. It's critical to find professionals that are willing to collaborate together, understand the bigger picture together to best serve your organization.
The Resonate Group has been a leader in supporting God-honoring businesses, ministries, churches, schools and nonprofits since 2009.
We believe that all work should be done with excellence to the glory of God.
Based in Nashville, we are a tight-knit team, with local and remote team members across America. We’ve cherry-picked the most creative and strategic minds we can find, and planted honest collaboration and forward thinking at the heart of our company culture.
Our white-glove, client-forward approach ensures that our clients will not be surprised by the final results because they will have been an integral part of the process.
FREE ONLINE COURSE
Do you feel like your brand and sales are not in sync? Building a strong brand is the foundation for a successful sales strategy, while a weak brand can hinder your ability to generate leads and close deals. In this free course, you will learn how to master the dance between sales and brand and leverage it to win opportunities to serve your ideal customers.
In this course, we introduce you to sales expert and Founder of Altezza Solutions, Steve Caton and his Director of Operations, Craig Johnson.
- The importance of a strong brand and how it can establish trust and credibility with potential customers
- How your brand and sales teams should mutually support each other
- Key sales strategies to consistently serve people well
- How to align your sales team with your brand and marketing to maximize results
And much more!
Don't miss out on this opportunity to elevate your business with the powerful dance between sales and brand. Sign up now for this free course!
MEET YOUR HOSTs
The Resonate Team
We help ministries, non profits, and for-purpose businesses cut through the noise so you can reach the right people with the right message and change the world as a result.
We help clients better allocate resources, expand capacity, and hit higher sales goals by filling in gaps for internal sales teams or managing entire sales cycles with expert fractional salespeople that deliver amazing results.